Tuesday, November 1, 2011

catching up

Today, both girls took good naps.  I just had to take pictures of them cause they looked so sweet.  Livie's is zoomed in from the doorway, and both their rooms were pretty dark...so please pardon the quality of these pics!



So, during naptime, I found myself catching up on phone calls, emails, bills, budgets, and of course, Tami's 30 day challenge.  To be perfectly honest, I'm taking this challenge one day at a time.  In the morning, I check to see what that day's challenge is and then try to figure something out for it.  Most days, it is most definitely a challenge for me!  But this blog was started to capture a little of our day-to-day...so these pics are just going along with that :).  

Day 11 - Something Blue:


It's a blue mason jar that I got at a garage sale this summer with my mom.  Kinda fun. 

As I was sitting at the dining table working on "stuff", I was admiring the quietness of the afternoon and the $1, green flowers I had just purchased at the grocery store this morning.  It's amazing they made it home actually.  Livie was insistent in holding them during our time at the store (along with the apples, apple juice, taco seasoning, hair clips, parmesan cheese...all in her seat in the front of the cart).  And then on the way home, they were squished between the milk and cherry Coke in the back of my jeep.  But they did make it home...and made it into this fun blue jar...just to brighten my afternoon...and give me a picture for "something blue"!  

Day 12 - Sunset:  I don't have a picture one :(.  But I do have what we were doing at sunset yesterday.  Does that count?






We're not the biggest fans of Halloween.  Would definitely rather celebrate that it's also Reformation Day!  But this year we thought it'd be fun for Livie to carve a pumpkin, get dressed up, and go get a little candy.  At first she was a little unsure about it all...but as soon as she figured out the houses on our street all were giving her candy, she kept saying, "Next house, mom, next house." She's a quick one :). 

Oh, and her costume...she's a cupcake.  Perfect for her because she probably sings "happy birthday" at least 10 times a day right now.  She's just like her dad...always singing!  All day long it's either Happy Birthday, the Lord's Army, the B-I-B-L-E, or Jesus Loves Me.  LOVE IT!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it counts! It's whatever your inspiration from that word is! :) My sisters hate halloween too (so do I for that matter), but they realized that it's a good excuse to take them to retirement and nursing homes as the older people there just LOVE to see them! They let me tag along, so that was really fun and kind of a nice twist on the holiday. Livie looks adorable...I just wanna squeeze her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great idea! your nieces and nephews were adorable as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are so cute! And it's so fun catching up with your life from the 30 days! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete