Thursday, November 10, 2011

days 18 & 19

Day 18 - your shoes:


I know this pic looks a little funny (like my two shoes are coming out of one pant leg or something...oh well!).

This is not at all what I had originally imagined for this post.  I was thinking more on the lines of a really cute pair, or LOTS of shoes, or at least the shoes the line the stairs at our back door.  I've always been a sucker for buying shoes :(.  

When Chad and I were just engaged, I remember him counting my shoes - it was close to 100 then!  I got a lot of teasing about that.  But please remember that included new and old - running shoes, work shoes, flip flops, hiking boots, dressy shoes (in black, brown, heels, flats, boots), casual shoes, etc, etc.  Yeah, excuses, excuses :).  

Anyway, today I know I don't have near 100 (I've given a lot of those away).  I now have my "go to" shoes that get worn over and over (and that is what shoes are meant for anyway, right?).  Which is why I chose to take a picture of these bronze flats I bought at Target about 2 years ago.  They are soo comfy and one of the pairs I go to day after day.  Yeah, I had them on this morning.  Not the cutest shoes in the world, but oh so practical and very worn.

Day 19 - something orange:


Some people call it red, but I've always thought of if it as more orange.  Livie's hair and my hair are practically the same color.  

Growing up, I would have changed it in a heartbeat.  It always brought too much attention my way and LOTS of questions like, "where in the world did you get your hair color??" (as both mom and dad were naturally dark brown).  But today, I've grown to like it, and somedays love it.  

When I was pregnant with Livie, I seriously prayed she would not have red hair.  For all the reasons I disliked having red hair growing up.  But I know others were praying just the opposite (thank you Grandma Beth!).  

So, here she is in all her glory.  Our Livie Grace.  (By the way, I didn't take this picture...it is one of her "2 year" pics from Rachel...I'm cheating a little on this one).

By her nature, she is spunky, spicy, and a little bossy too.  Is it because she's a redhead?  I don't know.  But God gave her red hair for a reason (just as he did me)...and I think she looks pretty cute with it right now :).   I pray she grows up to love it.  Not because it's beautiful or unique.  But because her creator gave it to her...and He knows what He's doing!

One quick story about Liverbugs at nap-time today.  I had just tucked her in bed and she asked me if she could sleep with her baby doll.  So, I said "sure" and got it and gave it to her.  Upon leaving her room and shutting her door, I peeked through the crack in the doorway just to make sure she was going to stay in bed.  She quickly noticed me peeking and said "She's fine mom...she's fine."  Referring to her baby doll :).  She is growing up way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment