Monday, November 28, 2011

finishing up

First of all, happy birthday to Chad...he's 33 today!

We just wrapped up a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  Lots of good food and great family time.  We have SO much to be thankful for.

Today has been one just catching up in lots of things.  Including sleep (Emma has been napping most of the day), potty training (Liv regressed a little with all the Thanksgiving hoopla), and well...I've been Christmas shopping - enjoying Cyber Monday :).

Today I'm also finishing up Tami's 30 day challenge.  Here's the last 5 days.  

26 - Close up:
Emma's cheeks.  They're so chubby and so kissable!


27 - Distance:
Okay, so this isn't really a distance shot, but it's a little farther away than the last one.  Still Emma's cheeks.  Just to prove that they're still chubby and kissable from a "distance" :).


28 - Flowers:
I LOVE flowers from a farmer's market.  This picture was taken when we were in Seattle, WA in 2008.  Gorgeous, right?  And if I remember right, they were super cheap too.   


29 - Black and White:
This is another picture I didn't take, but it holds a special spot on my fridge.  It's one of my favorites from our wedding.  Probably because I love the girls in it.  And this pic captures their personalities so well.  I don't get to see many of them much anymore :(, but I have very fond memories with each of them.


30 - Self portrait:
I'm ending on this picture because I think it captures a special moment.  But it's also a picture that could describe MANY moments of my life right now.

It was taken the day Emma was born.  She's crying...I'm trying to console her and just take her all in. 

Life right now is not predictable.  At all.  It's full of moments that are new, crazy, and out of control...putting me completely out of my comfort zone.  And yet somehow God stills my heart with His grace and reminds me He is doing a good work in us...for His glory.

In our little family of 4, we're trying to figure each other out daily.  (And I'm not just talking about with the girls...it's Chad and I too).  May our goal be for the glory and honor of God.  For He is the one that is growing us!  Yes, there are tears, tantrums, sin, and selfishness.  But He is bringing us to restoration, renewal, and growth in Him.  Thank you Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment