Sunday, November 6, 2011

day 15: silhouette


Yeah, I'm a little late again (this may start to be a trend on this challenge!).

This pic is from our honeymoon in Kauai...3 and a half years ago.  It's not a complete silhouette, but it works for me.

If I remember right, we were hiking (can you see our camelbacks on?).  And it was starting to get dark.  I  also remember trying to self-time all our pictures that trip.  We'd find a place to put the camera (on a rock or in a tree) and try to get the best picture possible.  Some turned out and some definitely did not!

Our trip to Kauai was one of my favorite yet.  We were still getting to know each other, experiencing our first week as a married couple.  We did have our first "moment of tension" on that trip.  Yeah, it was basically a fight :).  But I liked to just call it tension...I mean, there were not harsh words or loud voices...just some hurt feelings and pride coming to the surface.  And I can now say, I'm thankful for that tension and all the other tension (or fights) we've had in the last 3 and half years.  We've definitely learned a lot from them and grown closer to God and each other as well.  To God be the glory.  

Okay...onto some fun pics from this afternoon after church.  Pay close attention to the progression here:

Chad taking care of the girls and watching some football...so cute.

Livie mothering Emma, as she does SO well...

Emma putting her mark on the whole situation...whoa!

And about the house.  I'll get some new pics up soon.   A LOT has gotten done lately, which is awesome.  We now have all windows and doors in, the exterior beams are up and half are stained, the fireplaces are in, inside framing is happening...it's coming along!

1 comment:

  1. Julie...that first picture is really pretty!! You have such a sweet family...love these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete