Monday, October 24, 2011

day 6: from a low angle


I have two.  In the first one, I'm standing in our great room, looking up at our future loft...and the guys hard at work :).  Also, notice the sky-lights..they are the first two windows in!

The second one is Livie.  I just have to put one of her at the top of this post because she consumed my day today.  During bathtime, I realized she is finally cutting 3 out of 4 of her eye teeth.  That may explain some of her emotional instability lately (ie.  crying over EVERYTHING), and why I've caught her biting Emma's hand twice now (to which she even looks VERY surprised that she was capable of such a horrific act).  But just before bed tonight, she snuggled with me on the couch for a good 30 minutes...which does make me forget why I have such a headache right now :).  

And for my weekly update on what's going on in the Herman household...here's what we've been up to lately...




The house?  We have Tyvek on, the roof is ready for shingles, the chimney is set in the covered porch, and the windows should all be set within the next 2 weeks.  LOTS going on!


 view of the dam/lake from the master bedroom

And while a lot got done at the house this weekend...it wasn't by us.  We were up in Chicago with some friends to attend the International Justice Mission benefit dinner.  IJM is a human rights agency that brings rescue to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression.  They truly are advocates for the poorest of the poor in the world.  GREAT CAUSE.

And after the benefit, all the guys had to get caught up on the games going on Saturday night.  Which reminds me of a frequent phrase from Livie lately when Chad turns the TV on, "No baseball Daddy...No baseball!".  Go Cardinals :).


And Emma has outgrown the laundry basket...time to break out the suitcase :).

2 comments:

  1. Julie! I didn't know you guys were building!! I can't wait to see it as you have such a fantastic eye for decorating!!!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tami! Coming from you...that's a HUGE compliment :).

    ReplyDelete