Friday, October 21, 2011

30 day challenge

I would not call myself a great photographer.  But I do love taking pictures of our girls at home...and I love all the details of life.  The simple, beautiful things God has given us to enjoy...things that you would otherwise miss if you weren't paying close attention.  And I love my cousin, Tami, whom I probably haven't had a real/genuine conversation with in a loong time :(.  That makes me sad. 

Where am I going with this?  Well, to celebrate her 30th birthday, Tami is doing a 30 day photography challenge on her blog and inviting others to join her.  She is an AMAZING photographer...go check out her blog by clicking here.  After 5 days of stalking her blog :)...I've decided to join in cause it just looks like fun and I'm all about celebrating 30th birthdays now!  So, happy birthday Tami...maybe after all of this, we'll get together and catch up.  Here are my first five days...crammed into this gorgeous fall friday:

1) Self-portrait:
I think this is one of the only self-portraits I have.  And from my freckles, it reminds me of summer!  Sad to say, but I already miss summer this year...and it's only October :(.  

2) What I wore today:
Hahaha...I'm a little embarrassed about this one.  Just a little.  Truth is, this is me most days at home.  T-shirt and boxer shorts :)...easiest thing to put on in the morning.  But the reason I'm embarrassed is cause  today I'm wearing a T-shirt that Chad randomly brought home one day after cleaning his truck out.  It's definitely not Chad's (cause it's size medium)...and he didn't know who it belonged to...so I just washed it and put it in my drawer :).  If anyone wants to claim it...it's yours!  

3) Clouds:   
This is the best I could do for "clouds"...Livie playing peek-a-boo during bathtime.  Let's just say there's lots of white!

4) Something Green: 
A green wire basket that Andrea gave me for my birthday...LOVE it.  It's currently holding some of my favorite magazines/catalogues.  When I got it, I put it next to my desk where a trash can used to be.  To this Chad said, "Um...this new basket can't hold trash."  I said, "Yeah, but I like it and it's a little inspiration for our new house." And he said, "Well, inspiration can't hold trash."  True babe, very true.

5) From a high angle:  
Our toyroom/playroom/office after a morning at home.  I love mornings like these...Livie playing, hanging out with my girls, watching Emma smile and coo, listening to music.  Yeah, I'm a home-body...so, it doesn't get much better than this!

More to come on monday...

1 comment:

  1. Julie!!! I didn't know you have a blog!!! This is such a fun discovery in MANY ways!!! LOVE IT!!! I LOVE that you're doing this challenge and your pictures are awesome...I love it because "true to life" is my favorite kind of photography (and people, for that matter)! I miss you too and yes, we need a good heart to heart again!!! We'll make it happen!!!

    ReplyDelete