Wednesday, October 12, 2011

30!

I guess turning 30 is a big deal or something...cause I got so spoiled on my birthday this year.  

First of all, Emma slept through the night for the first time.  She already knows how to give good gifts :).  Then, I had 4 parties in 4 days!  Crazy, I know.  The first was with my family...always a good time.







The next night, my Thursday morning Bible study girls got together at Andrea's...such a fun night just hanging out!  Thank you Andrea.


The next night, I was supposed to go out with Chad while his mom watched both Liv and Emma.  Chad wouldn't tell me ANYTHING about the evening beforehand, just the time he wanted me ready.  He kept saying, "It's your 30th, you need to have a few surprises."  Early on, I had told him I didn't want a party, so I genuinely thought he was just planning a special evening for us two.

But as the day progressed, I sensed something else was going on.  A few things tipped me off...missing $ from our savings account, talking to a few too many people that knew it was my 30th, all the Herman kids randomly having babysitters for the evening...hmmm.  Something was up and I knew it!

After dropping the girls off, we arrived at Biaggi's (yum)...and Chad tried to drop me off at the door.  I was like, "No way!  I'm walking in with you."  So, he parked, we walked in together, he handed me a card, and then he ran off to the bathroom (what?) while the waitress took me back to our table.  Next thing I know, I'm at a table with some of my closest girlfriends :).  

I guess it had all been in the works for awhile.  I know my sister-in-law, Amy, and Andrea helped Chad out quite a bit to pull it off :).  But it was his idea...and I just have to share a little of what he wrote in his card that evening...

"I thought that since for my 30th you put on a carnival for me and my peeps, that for your 30th we would treat the wonderful women who serve and pour out themselves everyday taking care of us kids.  I love you so much, so have fun, enjoy the relationships God has given you.  Don't worry about the kids, I'm on my way to go back and get them when you're reading this..."

So, yep...Chad took care of the girls yet another night, while I got to eat delicious food, get pedicures, and go to a movie with some wonderful girls...all on him!  I think I'm married to one of the most generous guys ever...and I know he was that way LONG before I came along too.  Thank you so much babe for such a relaxing and fun evening...I know we all LOVED it.


The fourth party was Sunday at Norris with the Hermans.  Such a beautiful afternoon/evening and SO RELAXING...hence, no pictures.  But it was a great end to my birthday marathon.

So, now I'm officially 30.  While it's crazy that some of the girls in these pics won't be here for 6-7 more years (you know who you are!)...I am ready to embrace it with arms open wide.  God is so good...I cannot complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment