Friday, May 27, 2011

remy is here!

So, my sister had her baby girl two nights ago!  Traever, Andrea, and Adalai welcomed Remy Tulip on May 26 at 12:25am, weighing 7 lb. 10 oz. and 19.5 inches long.  She is just so sweet with the softest, little round cheeks :)...so cuddly.  I cannot wait to spend more time with her!  




Love Adalai's face in the above pic :).  Truth is, she wasn't feeling well.  We had her overnight the night Remy was born, and when she got here (around 9:45pm), she wasn't acting like herself.  She immediately went to Chad and after one hug, started coughing/gagging.  She ended up puking on him 3 times...poor girl :(...and poor Chad.  After the trauma of throwing up was over, she settled down and did great overnight.  But, she was woken up around 6am to Livie yelling from her room, "Mom...up!  Up Mom!".  So, yeah, she's a little sleep deprived in this pic too. 

Besides having Adalai over, we've had several other babies and toddlers over lately too.  It's been good for Livie not to get all the attention...and she LOVES babies (any kid who is younger than her/and any doll).  Here's Livie and Obie in the double stroller (used, but new to us!).  This was the first time I tried out the double seat in the back...worked great.

Livie playing with baby Jill...something I find her doing A LOT lately.

We had the posse kids over for date night last saturday.  Jonah, Harper, and Livie loved playing with bubbles.  And Finley enjoyed watching from the stroller :).  




Other things going on.  I had my last day as a volunteer/advocate at Women's Pregnancy Center this past wednesday.  I was only going there every other wednesday from 9-1pm, but believe me those wednesdays came around FAST.  Mom would watch Livie for me in Morton, so it was a full day for us.  Anyway, it was sad for me to say goodbye to such a great ministry here in Peoria, but with the baby on the way/building the house/summer plans/and keeping family first, I really felt the need to move on.  I will miss all the ladies there so much.  They are such great servants of our Lord Jesus Christ.  May the ministry be blessed!

House news?  Backfilling happened this week...and plumbing starts tomorrow :).  

1 comment:

  1. yea ... you did a blog! i'm going to start following you!

    ReplyDelete