Tuesday, May 10, 2011

digging and visiting alex

Last week, I took these two pictures of Livie at home.  The first, she is pant-less, wearing ski goggles, and trying on my running shoes - all to her own doing :).  The second, I found her in bed with her legs propped up on the crib bumper and her face covered in her little blankie :).  I know I talk/write about Livie a lot...but I love this little girl sooo much.


News on the lot...last Friday we started DIGGING!!  They finished the job on Saturday, and things have been progressing since then.  Today, they poured the footings...so the foundation walls are next.  Here's some pics of the big dig:
Septic:
The ravine (the grass we planted is growing!)
Basement:

Also, on Friday, we took a road trip with Traever, Andrea, and Adalai to visit Alex.  It was wonderful to see him and we all got some good bonding time together (maybe a little too much???).  Never :).  The girls did great.  I think Livie only bit Adalai 5 times the whole weekend (biting is her defense mechanism when someone is taking something she wants...not good...we're working on it).  Other than that, they had a blast playing, laughing, and just being together 24/7.

Adalai has been potty training, so they brought her little potty chair on the trip.  And I have say, I was so impressed with this little girl.  No accidents!  This was a typical scene in the car:

We visited the creation museum on saturday.  It was awesome to see the Biblical perspective they presented on creation.

By sunday, we were all pretty tired.  Chad grabbed the camera for most of these...
he likes close-ups :).



Traever's amazing photography skills on this one.  Chad said, "Vicki Taufer couldn't have caught it better."  I don't know about that, but it is pretty cute :).

All in all, the trip was so worth it.  We love you Alex!  


Just a note on the above pic.  Andrea is due in just 3 weeks...doesn't she look amazing??  I'm due in 12 and look bigger than her.  I'm going to blame it on the fact she is wearing black and I'm wearing white :).  

Love this last pic of the guys getting the girls ready for the trip home.  Happy mother's day to us!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!!! digging!!!!
    LOVE the first 2 pics of liv! i laughed out loud.....maybe cause they remind me of her DAD :)

    ReplyDelete