Friday, March 4, 2011

making progress

This week, Chad came home with official house plans/blueprints.  Yay!  All those ideas from our heads that were sketched (by Chad) on little 8x10 pieces of paper are now on beautiful, big pieces of blueprint paper.  With every step, this new house becoming more of a reality to me.  On the plans, the place looks perfect for us.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  I asked Chad if he could picture how everything was going to look (like the entrance, ceilings, beams, stairways, etc)...and he's like "sure babe, I do this everyday."  I'm so glad he's a builder who knows all the little ins and outs of a house.  

Then, yesterday, Livie and I met Chad at the bank to apply for our building loan.  And wow.  I thought it would be like 20 minutes with just a few papers to sign.  Nope.  It was over an hour with a whole pile of papers to go over and sign.  After about 20 minutes, I'm realizing that I probably should have found a babysitter for Livie.  She was everywhere in that little office - almost getting into filing cabinets. Fortunately, Chad knew the lady completing our application very well...and she loves kids.  By the time it was over, Livie and this lady had bonded quite a bit :).  And by quite a bit, I mean Livie even threw a tantrum when it was time to leave.  She's been doing this for about a month now - throwing tantrums when she wants to stay some place and it's time to leave.  Do other 1 year olds do this?

Other things from this week...

I got an ear infection.  Something I haven't had since I was in grade school I'm guessing?  It was TERRIBLE.  I went to the Dr. because the pain was so bad.  And I just felt like my head was under water.  It's getting better with the antibiotics they gave me, but it still feels like I have water in my ears.  For the future, now I know what my kids will go through with ear infections...and I will have MUCH pity on them.  

Livie is transitioning to 1 nap a day.  Doesn't sound that exciting, but it's something to get used to.  This week, she had 3 days when she took 1 nap and 2 days when she took 2.  Things I love about 1 nap?  She naps a LONG time - like 3 hours.  And then sleeps around 12 hours a night.  Blissful :).  Things I don't like?  Everyday is different.  And if we have plans - which we did 4 out of 5 days this week - it's just hard to keep them when she's sleeping 3 hours in the middle of the day.  Praise the Lord she's a flexible kid.

And today is friday :).  Which I'm normally not that excited about...but tonight I am.  The past two weeks Chad has been puting in 12-14 hour days :(...so we haven't seen him much.  But tonite - my sister is graciously watching Livie while Chad and I go out for sushi with some friends, and then on to a birthday party.  It will be nice to get out together!  

And here's some pics of Livie this week:

putting her fingers in any little hole she can find (including ones in Chad's fav pants).  and yeah, that's her blanket on her head.  she hardly parts with that thing.

reading to herself :)

more reading

getting into everything

No comments:

Post a Comment