Sunday, March 27, 2011

spring cleaning...or nesting??

So, I'm not sure if what I've been doing lately is just spring cleaning...or if nesting is kicking in early.  I have had bursts of energy...and I keep thinking I would LOVE to enjoy this summer and not spend it getting everything ready for our baby.  So, I've been making lists of things that I know should be done before the baby comes...before June would be nice too!  Here's a sample of my lists :).
  • clorox/repaint downstairs bathroom
  • wash windows
  • clean up yard
  • clean out garage
  • go through baby clothes/baby things
  • dry clean coats
  • clean out cabinets/cupboards
  • put single jogging stroller on Craig's list
  • complete continuing education for OT

Ambitious?  Well, last week, I did tackle two things.  I washed my windows one day :)...and I went through ALL Livie's clothes and baby things another.  

Going through the clothes and baby things really took about 2 days.  One day, my sister-in-law, Michelle, had me go through PILES of girls clothes for Livie and the baby.  My girls are the 8th and 9th girls on the Herman side...so we get hand-me-downs from 7 older girls.  It's a little overwhelming...cause a lot of the clothes are still soo nice and soo cute...and it's such a blessing to not have to buy a lot of clothes.  Anyway, that day I came home with about 2 laundry baskets full of girl clothes.  Here's what my guest room looked like the next day when I started to sort through everything:


making a little progress

Livie enjoying her new tutu from Grandma H.  She wore it around and played with it most of the afternoon while I sorted through clothes.  Such a girl!

So, here's everything organized in drawers for the girls :).  Call me a dork...but it felt so good to have this done and know I don't need to buy them ANYTHING for a long time.  These pics don't include the dresses hanging in the closet or play clothes for the lake either.  They have SO much!
Livie's 12-18 month winter 

Livie's 12-24 month summer

Livie's shoes

baby 0-3 month summer

baby 0-6 month winter 

and lastly...all 6-12 month (summer and winter) put into bins

Next week?  Maybe tackle painting the bathroom?  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I totally started nesting early too. Especially when I was feeling good. I still have things on my list waiting to be done. But now I am in the 3rd trimester and losing energy and tired again. I'm not very motivated at the moment. You are very blessed with getting all the hand-me-downs from all the older Herman girls! I am lucky to be getting all of Fawn and Brook's BOY clothes so I am not having to buy hardly anything. SUCH A BLESSING!!

    ReplyDelete