Saturday, February 16, 2013

valentines

"By this we know love, because Jesus Christ laid down His life for us." 1 John 3:16

cousin love

pucker up Crosby ;)

"well, if he's not going to come to me, i'll just make him!" - Emma's thoughts ;)

Valentine's day was kinda fun this year.  I'm usually not into this holiday, but for some reason this year I was really looking forward to it.  This seems to be becoming a trend for me (regarding holidays) lately.  Maybe it's because it's the dead of winter, we're all a little stir crazy, and there was a reason to do crafts and cookies with the girls?!?  

We by no means did anything extravagant ;)...just some homemade cards and those Nestle valentine cutout cookies that all you do is put on the cookie tray and bake for 10 minutes! :) But it was fun.  As we were making cards for all her cousins, she kept asking, "But where's my card mom??".  I had to assure her over and over that she would get something.  Silly girl.

In the midst of this, we had some good conversations about how it's only because of God's love for us that we can love others.  I love how when I talk about heart issues with Livie, God convicts my heart at deeper levels to make me realize my dependence on Him.  I guess I don't have it all figured out ;).  Not that I ever thought I did!  

Anyway, this definitely happened this valentines day and made me realize more fully that I CANNOT love others without Him.  My relationship with Him must be first...and when it's not, well, my relationships with others will suffer.  So, while Livie is learning "the right answers" to heart questions...God is growing both of us.  I love that.


So, this valentines day we got to spend the evening with our good friends Brett and Liv.  Chad and I, along with Traever and Andrea, got to have one last evening with this awesome family before they leave for Thailand indefinitely.  So bittersweet.  

They have blessed us so much as friends the past 4 years...but longer than that if you want to count girls and boys camps ;).  Yeah, there's an age difference between us - but that never seemed to matter!!  These kids are ROCK solid and I honestly have learned SO much from them and had SO MUCH FUN too :).  

We will miss them terribly as they head off to do the work of the Lord overseas...but we put them in God's hands and hope to keep in touch via skype and FaceTime :).  

Silly us that we didn't take a picture that night...but thankfully I have these two from a going away party  at our place back in January.  Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment