Sunday, February 24, 2013

breaking up the norm...or trying to

As it is February, the dead of winter, we are all a bit antsy around here and aching for ways to break up the norm...

I've started trying to cook things I usually am scared of...and let's just say, I'll probably go back to what we usually eat!!  This week nothing seemed to turn out right :(.  Livie asked me on Friday, "mom, are you making more yucky meat for supper?".  :( :(

The snow was a nice surprise this week...Chad stayed home part of the morning on Friday to clear the drive and play a bit.  The girls loved it...

Emma just kept eating it...literally shoveling it in!



Making a "daddy-sized" snowman :)



A week ago Livie decided she needed to give herself haircut.  How did I found this out??  I caught her standing in front of the mirror at Norris Lake with scissors in her hands and a chunk of her bangs in the sink.  My reaction probably scared her, but I was like "What are you doing?!?!".  Glad I caught her when I did though!! The damage was really not that bad.  Praise God :).  

I kinda knew it was bound to happen someday as this little girl is always finding an excuse to use my scissors.  And I guess she just "found" some out there and decided it was a good idea to go ahead and give herself a little trim.

Here's her hair before:

And after:


Other ways we're trying to break up the norm are playdates, swim lessons, getting out with family and friends, having more people in...



Life is kinda calm right now.  Well...ha...let me rephrase that...our big picture is calm ;).  Nothing too big is going on...besides the suspense of our new baby on the way.  You know what I mean though?  Chad works, I stay home, the girls aren't involved in much cause they're still so young...so our days are just what we make of them.  And while the days do fill up...some days it feels like "what is God doing in our lives right now?".  The big picture is pretty blurry.  

He has challenged us to get more involved in our church family, more intentional with what goes on at home, and more purposeful in prayer for our future and what God would desire for that.  

We know these next few years are going to go SO fast.  Soon we'll be a family of 5.  Then there's going to be school...maybe more kids?...maybe (fill in the blank)???????  We don't know much.  But I'm thankful God does.

For now, our desire is to be thankful, faithful, purposeful, and constantly give back to God what we've been given (specifically relationships, where we're at, what we do, possessions).  Easy words to say, not as easy to do :(.  Especially in the dead of winter when all we want is some warm weather and a beach to play on!!  Just kidding.  Kinda ;).  




But if anyone is up for a playdate, call me and come on over!!!  We'd love to have you :) :).  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment