Wednesday, July 25, 2012

mudathlon

First, a disclaimer on my previous post (since I've had a few questions on it).  No, that cuba farm is not Chad's personal hunting/fishing get-a-way.  Nor does it belong to anyone in the Herman family!!  Although they may wish it did ;).

Now, to showcase some of the fun we had last weekend.  Chad and I, along with 6 of our friends - aka the posse - went to northwest Indiana (without our kids) for a little vacation and a mudathlon.  Yeah, we paid to jog 3 miles and go through about 40 obstacles in the mud!  And the name of our team was "the posse is getting old"...which proved to be true as we embarked on this race ;).

We definitely were not the fastest...but we had fun!!

Here's some pictures before the race.  In the parking lot, they immediately "painted" our faces with mud, you know...to get us in the mood,  so we are a little dirty here.








But that "dirt" was nothing compared to how we were during and after the race.  Chad was in his element for sure ;).  Some of those pictures can be found here:

http://photos.valpolife.com/Sports/Events/2012-Mudathlon/24301348_pr6nLk#!i=1979142449&k=xrFvDnv&lb=1&s=A

http://www.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/Proofs.aspx

Without our kids, the rest of the weekend could be described as VERY RESTFUL.  Some of that was because we were recouping from what we just put our bodies through ;)...but honestly, I think most of it was because we were just in shock from not having to take care of our babies and toddlers!

We were very thankful to Chad's sister, Michelle, who watched our girls for us while we were gone.  I should probably mention that Michelle and Dave have 5 children of their own.  So, what's 2 more right ;)?  Our girls were entertained for sure...and from what Michelle said...everything went well!  Here's some pictures she texted me while we were gone.  I was glad to get the pictures, but they made me miss  them so much...









The few days before we left, Emma was in tears A LOT...and I thought it just had to be teeth.  I mean, she was drooling, had a small fever, not sleeping well.  But it turns out, over the weekend Michelle noticed some small sores in her mouth and on her hands and feet.  Yep, she had hand, foot, and mouth disease :(.  Poor girl.  With that, and the fact that I decided to wean her from nursing while we were gone, I would have thought she would have had a rough weekend.  But I guess she hardly cried.  Isn't it amazing how resilient kids are?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment