Monday, July 2, 2012

home

I know, I know...it has been forever since I last blogged.  

After we moved 3 weeks ago, things were CRAZY for the first 2 weeks...some of which I don't want to remember!  Here's what I do remember: trying to finish the house (Chad had a list about 2 pages long of plumbing/electrical/carpentry/landscaping/etc that had to get done), cleaning, getting it to pass inspection, unpacking, putting everything away, cleaning, decorating, getting it ready for the parade of homes, cleaning...yeah, there was lots of cleaning going on.  Oh, and not to mention meeting the needs of our two little girls :).  Everyday was FULL, and there were occasional mishaps, but God graciously got us through it! 

And it is OVER.

We can hardly believe it.  We kinda feel like we're on vacation.

Chad was seriously giddy last week.  I was just relieved.  And our girls seem to be happier now too (amazing how that is, huh?).  

Thank you to EVERYONE who made it possible for us to finish this crazy project!  All those who labored on the house and the lot (all 14+ months), those who watched our girls, those who helped us move (and even stayed to help us unpack almost ALL our boxes in one day!).  You all are awesome :). 

And now that it's over, there are few things fresh on my mind that I've learned...and want to have to written down to remind myself for the next time we may build ;).
  • Chad is an amazing builder (I am not at all biased)...TRUST him...he knows what he's doing
  • The mistakes in the house that I thought were a big deal at the time, faded away IMMEDIATELY after we moved in 
  • It's way too nice for us...but we will ENJOY it, and USE it while we have it :)
  • It's just a house
  • It's God's...always has been...always will be.  Keep an open hand!

Enjoy the pictures! And my models ;).  One big thing that's missing is our windows/view from the great room/kitchen...I'll try to sneak that in sometime soon.


















And please stop by anytime...we LOVE visitors...seriously.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE everything!! So beautiful!! So glad that you are finally there and as crazy as those two weeks sound, how nice to have everything done now! So many times its so easy to let all the decorating drag on and on...

    Enjoy your new home! And I love your attitude about your home! It's a good reminder for me that it's not mine...it's God's!!

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, what a gorgeous home! Your husband is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see it in person, Julie! You did an awesome job. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Can we hire you both to build and design? Seriously amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie- Thank you soo much for the tour! Everything looks amazing and I know how nice it feels to finally settle in:) My favs are....Emma's light fixture, outdoor fireplace, and the front closet door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah leisa! Yes, it feels amazing :). And your favs are some or ours as well!! I'm just waiting to see your place...no pressure or anything ;).

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Julie! Low it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete