Friday, September 2, 2011

start of fall

The girls are being so good this morning...so I'm going to attempt to blog while they're awake...let's see how this goes!

Fall is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE time of the year.  One morning this week, I was out on a walk with the girls enjoying the signs of fall...cool breezes in the morning and evening, less humidity, some leaves falling, mums blooming :)...and I was thinking about why I love the fall so much.

While I do love the cooler weather, colors, and all things that come with fall, I realized that fall is the time of year when God seems to do some BIG things in my life.  He gave me life in October 1981, He drew me to himself to become a believer in August 2000, He showed me my identity and beauty is found in Him alone in September 2005, and He made Chad and I fall in love :) in October 2007.  I just love remembering these anniversaries because they are all God's work and each one is just a testimony to who HE is.  And while I remember my testimony, I also am reminded how FAITHFUL God is.

With fall 2011, we have a lot going on again...to date, some of the biggest transitions of our lives are happening now.  Only God knows what the future may hold.  But while some of these things are hard now, I know that HE is faithful because He has proven Himself faithful in His WORD and in our lives over and over again.  Thru everything, I am constantly convicted that while God is putting these things in our lives now, it's not about us really.  It's about HIM.  And I've been challenged over and over again to look outside of myself...give up my flesh...strive to be a witness for Christ...for Him to have all the glory.  Praise Him that He empowers us to do this!

Back to the topic of fall :).  All who know Chad, know that He LOVES the fall as well.  While his reasons may not be the same as mine...well, falling in love with me may make his list ;)...he has a passion for this season that may trump mine.  It's HUNTING season :).  And this year, Chad gets to take a trip of a lifetime.  Next Wednesday he leaves with his uncle Mike and cousins, Drew and Josef, for Colorado to hunt elk for about 8 days.  I really am happy for him that he gets to do this (I wasn't at first...but God has been changing my heart to make me happy). Chad has been working soo hard at work and the house...he's in need of a good "man" break :).  And yes, I'll be alone for 8 days with the girls...but I honestly don't mind the alone time.  We'll miss Chad for sure...and I don't know what we'll do to stay busy, but I'm not worried.  The days will fill up!

So, this week we've also had a few accidents in the Herman family :(.  The first was last Sunday at Norris.  Our brother-in-law, Jared, was burned in a fire involving a propane tank and the grill under the pavilion.  For the whole story, check out Nate's blog:  http://thediaryofalakenerd.blogspot.com/2011/08/interesting-week-fishing-and-fire.html
It was such a scary thing to witness!  Everyone was pretty shook up about it for awhile, but we're so thankful that God was gracious and didn't allow more people to get hurt, etc. 

The second accident, was...well, how do I say it graciously when there was nothing gracious about it?  I dropped Emma :(.  I was carrying her in her bouncer seat (it's pretty deep, so I often carry her from room to room in it), and my right hand slipped.  Once I lost grip of the seat, the bouncer hit the wall, and Emma rolled out of it dropping about 1-2 feet to the floor :(.  I think my heart stopped when I saw her hit the floor.  She screamed and screamed...I thought for sure something was wrong.  Chad was home for lunch (thankfully!) so we both monitored her for about 10 minutes.  When she wasn't calming down,  we decided we better take her to the ER just in case.  Once there, they did a bunch of neuro reflex tests, checked her vitals, and decided she looked great.  I was so thankful!!  And embarrassed too...I mean who drops their 4 week old??  But they assured us this happens a lot.  Really??

Since the fall, she's been doing fine...just getting bigger everyday :).  She gained 2 pounds the past 2 weeks!!


This may be boring, but I took some pics of inside the house this week...there's lots of them...

 Emma's room/nursery

 master

main foyer

 great room

 looking at loft from down below

kitchen/dining room

toy closet upstairs :)

loft

guest room

 Livie's room

great room windows

outside covered porch

Whew!  Blog done...only took about 4 hours (start to finish) with many, many, many interruptions :).  Where has my morning gone??  I'll probably stick to blogging during naptime.

No comments:

Post a Comment