Wednesday, August 17, 2011

growing

"Growing" seems to sum up our lives lately. 

First...our house now has first floor walls (yay!).  Chad and 9 other guys worked hard last Friday and Saturday to get them up.  It's so fun to be able to walk through the house and see the actual size of the rooms, etc.  The girls and I were able to get out there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to see the progress.  It was GREAT to have a reason to get out.  This next weekend we get second floor floors.  The first pic below is of the great room wall with fireplace and the second is a view from the front. 


Second...Emma is growing and gaining :).  At her 2 week appointment last Friday, she had already gained a good pound, putting her at 8 lb. 8 oz.  The nurse actually weighed her a second time to make sure she had read it right :).  Ha, I think we have another good eater on our hands!  She's a wonderful baby so far...so sweet.

Third...Livie.  She spends her days talking, talking, talking...to me, to Emma, to baby Jill, to herself :).  I think she's hilarious, but maybe that's just because I'm her mom.  She now can count to 10, attempt the ABC's, and matter of factly voice her opinion on just about anything :).  We also started potty training this week.  The first evening we started she had 5 accidents and 1 success in the little potty.  After the 3rd accident, she started crying and didn't want to put underwear back on...maybe that's a good sign?  Ask me how it's going in a week.  I'm just hoping to be consistent with her!


So excited about her big girl underwear :)...before the accidents.

And fourth...we're all learning what it's like to be a family of four.  Things are definitely busier with two little girls who need lots of attention.  And I'm noticing that it's harder to take time to do the most important things - like staying in the Word and connecting to God.  This week I feel like I'm running on empty and I know it's because I haven't been drawing my strength from Him :(.  May God grow my heart to yearn for Him during times like these.  I praise Him that He is gracious and continuously draws me back to Himself...I don't deserve that love!

No comments:

Post a Comment