Monday, June 27, 2011

handful

Livie has been teaching me a lot lately.  I'm learning I need to always be one step ahead of her...but most of the time I'm not :(.  It's hard to think like a 1 year old!  So, incidences like todays seem to happen all the time.  I had an OB appointment and while we were in the bathroom, she managed to try to get into the tampon/pad basket, pull the emergency cord, AND knock over a little wooden table full of kleenex.  Thankfully, I packed some snacks and toys for when we were in the exam room :).  

Needless to say, she's been much more of a handful lately.  She's just into EVERYTHING.  She gets into the pantry to pull out cookies and fruit snacks when I'm not watching, she always wants to touch the water in the toilet, she empties cabinets and cupboards, and tells me "no" constantly when I ask her to do something.  While it's been hard, I'm learning to be patient and truly discipline with love when she's disobedient.  And it's amazing how quick she is to give me a kiss, hug, and say "I sorrys" afterwards.  I know I have a lot to learn as a mom and a servant for my savior...so thank you Jesus for teaching me through little Livie.  

She really is a great little girl...and as I'm frequently told, "she's just being a 1 year old" :).  Other things she's starting to say are "i put away" (when she puts something back where she found it), "where daddy go?", "i want dat!", and "up down" (when going up and down stairs).  And then sometimes randomly she'll just say names like, "amy?" (chad's sister), "mae?", and "yaya?" (Adalai).  I think she has some favorites!  And she still jabbers away to herself constantly throughout the day...so cute.


At the lot, as of last friday, we have basement and garage floors!  Chad and Nate worked hard to get the floors graded and prepped for concrete last week.  Lumber should arrive today, so we'll be able start framing up the basement this week.

 Garage floors:

Last friday, Livie and I headed out the the lake for a nursing home day with church.  Shaeya and Tyden rode out with us and I let the them play with my camera in the car.  Afterwards, I found about 100 pictures that they had taken of anything and everything.  Nice :).  Here's the two I saved:


We're looking forward to a fun 4th of July weekend at the lake with over 100 of Chad's family.  Here is a pic from last year's weekend:

And when we get home next tuesday, we'll only have 4 weeks till we meet our baby girl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment